Phase I of Suburban’s Campus Transformation is Complete
August 17, 2018
The first phase of Suburban’s exciting campus transformation project is complete and construction has begun on the beautiful clinical building addition. All of this took a tremendous amount of planning, coordination and collaboration from our staff, our dedicated design and construction team, our patients and visitors, our neighbors, and our community.
Work on phase I began in late 2014 and wrapped up in summer 2018. Highlights of phase I include:
- The construction and opening of a seven-story parking garage
- Sidewalks, street lighting, paving and landscaping along Grant and McKinley Streets and the widening of McKinley Street
- Site walls, landscaping and an irrigation system around the campus
- A dedicated ambulance driveway and new internal access roads to improve traffic circulation and patient access
- Wider pedestrian sidewalks and re-paving along Old Georgetown Road
The lobby and Marriott Education & Conference Center in the new clinical building will open in fall 2019 and new patient care areas will open in early 2020. Stay tuned for announcements and updates as the opening date nears.
This important project is supported by the generous philanthropy of individual and corporate donors. To date, nearly $50 million of our $75 million goal has been raised. Donate now to add your support.